Sunday, April 21, 2013

Piece in progress: Part 2, the trees continue

So, I'm just a little ahead of where I was when I unraveled the background.  The first tree is pretty much back to normal and I've started leafing out tree number 2.  For those who were dying to know, this is how you leaf a tree in knitting.

I started with creating some branches for the background and adding some leaf patterns on the side of them.  These leaves are pretty subtle, but it doesn't matter, because they're background.



Then, you knit all these little leaves.  These are going to sit on top of the branches.  The tails are left on so that one can attach them to the branches and the background.

little leaves, looking for a home


One then arranges leaves on the branches until it looks right.  Looking at it, I still need to make some more leaves.

leaves sitting on branches, but not yet attached

No comments:

Post a Comment